Marine and Industrial Services
John Lewis managed the BC Fire and Safety Training Centre from 1987 – 1997, during which time he introduced courses in Hazardous Materials Emergency Response, Rope Rescue, Confined Space Entry and Rescue, Industrial and Marine Fire Fighting and many others He is a CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) and has worked as a Safety Officer and Training Manager in a manufacturing industry. He is currently Chair of the IFSTA (International Fire Service Training Association) Marine Committee.
Since 1997, John Lewis and Associates have performed safety reviews in shipyards, at logging camps, helicopter pads and graving docks, presented fire safety courses to ship repair workers and directed building evacuation drills. Courses are best presented at client’s facility so the training is immediately relevant to the learners.
On board training for vessel personnel may be arranged to fit clients’ schedule and needs.
Services offered by John Lewis & Associates include:
- Emergency response procedures;
- General safety;
- Operating procedures and guidelines.
|Hazard Assessments – Confined Space Entry:
- As required by Workers’ Compensation Board of BC Occupational Health &Safety Regulations, 9.9 – 9.11.
- Review and develop written procedures for confined space entry.
|Courses for Marine and Industrial Occupations:
- Fire safety and prevention – for all staff.
- Response training for Fire Watch personnel.
- Spill response training.
- Evacuation and crowd control for industry (building and plant evacuation).
- Evacuation and crowd control for marine (cruise ships and ferries.)
- Design and write training courses and materials.
- Provide technical review of curriculum and training manuals.